Dental Bonding Candidates
There are plenty of ways that the look of your smile can be improved and your dental health enhanced. Some of these treatments require involved therapies while others are relatively simple and can be completed in a single dental visit. When you visit our Troy cosmetic dentistry center, our team of skilled dental professionals will work their hardest to ensure that you receive the right treatment for your needs. In some cases, this may a conveniently quick yet effective treatment known as dental bonding.
What is dental bonding (tooth bonding)?
Dental bonding is a quick and convenient option for dentists who wish to address minor cosmetic problems on a tooth. Dental bonding is ideal for minor chips and cracks on a tooth can even be used for some tooth stains. Best of all, no one will know that you’ve undergone a dental treatment once the procedure is performed. When you come to the Cosmetic Dentistry Institute, our team will assess your situation and determine if dental bonding is right for you.
What is the dental bonding procedure?
The dental bonding procedure is simple. First, a tooth-colored resin will be selected to apply to the tooth. This resin is sturdy and can take any of the usual wear and tear that you put your teeth through. The tooth is prepared for the resin, which basically means that the dentist will make the surface of the tooth rough. The dental resin is then expertly applied to the tooth and smoothed so it blends in seamlessly with your smile.
Who are the best candidates for dental bonding?
As mentioned above, the best candidates for this quick and easy cosmetic dentistry treatment are people with:
- Minor chips on a tooth
- Minor cracks on a tooth
- Tooth discoloration or stains
- A mix of any of the above
If the dental problem that a patient is facing is more severe, a different treatment will be used instead of dental bonding.
Alternatives to Dental Bonding - What to Know
Since dental problems are not all the same, we offer many other treatments to meet the diverse needs of our patients. If you are not a good candidate for dental bonding, then you may be better helped by one of these options:
- Porcelain Veneers: Troy porcelain veneers are thin shells of a specially made dental ceramic. When placed on the front part of a tooth, the porcelain veneer can mask major tooth discoloration, chips, cracks, and even minor tooth misalignment or unevenness.
- Teeth Whitening: If you want a smile that’s bright, white, and clean, teeth whitening may be just what you need. After just one teeth whitening treatment, your smile might be several shades whiter.
- Dental Crowns: Major tooth damage must be dealt with through strong dental restoration options, which is where dental crowns come in. Dental crowns are caps that fit over a damaged tooth to protect it from damage.
Speak With Skilled Dental Care Experts
For more information on dental bonding as well as the other great treatments out there for chips, cracks, and stains, contact our Troy cosmetic and restorative dentistry practice today.