Dental Implant Uses
Those who suffer from missing teeth are often prone to being self-conscious about their smile. Fortunately, dental implants offer the perfect solution to restoring your teeth and confidence. We invite you to schedule a consultation at our Troy cosmetic dentistry practice to see if dental implants are right for you.
What Are Dental Implants?
For our patients in Troy, dental implants are becoming a very popular option in tooth replacement. Dental implants are surgically placed titanium posts to which an artificial tooth, known as a crown, is attached. The implant is placed within the missing tooth socket of the jawbone. The titanium implant will act as a replacement tooth root. As the bone heals around the implant, a permanent, secure bond is formed. The healing process may take anywhere from six to twelve weeks. After the implant is allowed time to heal, the artificial tooth is attached via a connector, called an abutment.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants can be used to replace one tooth or a whole set of teeth. Dental implants are the favored treatment for tooth replacement as they most closely mimic our own, natural teeth. With dental implants, you won't feel like you were ever missing any teeth! The benefits of dental implants are endless, but here are a few to keep in mind.
- Aesthetics: Dental implants are cosmetically the best choice in tooth replacement as they closely resemble your natural teeth. Like traditional crowns, the crowns used in dental implants are custom-made for a personalized fit and shade. This ensures the new tooth will seamlessly blend with your surrounding teeth.
- Comfort: Dental implants are comfortable and, because they are securely anchored within the jaw, feel just like your own teeth.
- Durability: With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Secure: Because dental implants are secured within the jawbone, there is no slipping and sliding like with dentures. You can eat your favorite foods with confidence.
- Confidence: Dental implants can give you back your confidence. They look, feel, and function like your own natural teeth so no one will be able to tell you ever had missing teeth.
Other Uses for Dental Implants
Dental implants can be used to secure dentures and dental bridges. Implant-supported dentures are a great option for those requiring dentures. With implant-supported dentures, dental implants are used to firmly anchor the dentures within the mouth. Implant-supported dentures allow you to eat and talk with the confidence of knowing your dentures are not going to slip or move. Implant-supported bridges are a good option for those who are missing multiple teeth but not enough to warrant dentures.
Schedule a Consultation with Cosmetic Dentistry Institute Today!
Don't let missing teeth keep you from smiling. We offer a wide range of treatments to fulfill your restorative dentistry needs. We welcome you to schedule a consultation today.