The Average Costs of Popular Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Most of us are looking to achieve that “million dollar” smile. But how much will that “million dollar” smile really cost? Many patients would like to make the improvements necessary to beautify the smile but fear that the procedures will be out of their budgets. However, our patients are surprised to learn that there are many cosmetic dentistry procedures that can drastically improve the smile without drastically emptying the wallet. While the costs of cosmetic dentistry procedures will vary by dentist and region, patients can learn the average costs of some of the most popular procedures performed by Troy cosmetic dentists Craig and Marcy Goldin.
- Teeth Whitening: Whitening the teeth is a quick and easy way to give the smile a more dazzling appearance. While teeth that have discolored may appear dull and dingy, those that have been professionally whitened appear bright and beautiful. Dr. Goldin uses the Opalescence® BOOST™ teeth whitening system to whiten and brighten the teeth in just under an hour. The formula used in this procedure also serves to strengthen and protect the teeth. The average cost of this procedure is $250-$500, making professional teeth whitening an affordable option for most of our patients.
- Dental Bonding: Dental bonding is an ideal procedure for our patients with minor cosmetic flaws. This is an affordable procedure that allows Dr. Goldin to cover stains, conceal cracks or chips, and fill in gaps between the teeth. At the average cost of $100-400 per tooth, dental bonding is considered the most affordable cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- Porcelain Crowns: A dental crown can encompass a tooth that is badly damaged or severely cosmetically flawed to improve both its strength and appearance. Porcelain crowns can also serve to improve the shape, length, or color of a tooth. The average cost of a porcelain crown is around $1500. If the crown is being placed for medical reasons, dental insurance may cover all or a portion of this cost.
- Porcelain Veneers: For our patients in Troy, porcelain veneers are the cosmetic solution for teeth with extensive cosmetic flaws. Porcelain veneers can conceal damage due to injury, improve the color of the teeth, and improve the appearance of teeth with spacing and alignment issues. Because porcelain veneers require a great deal of skill and artistry to place, they are also one of the most costly dental procedures. The average cost of porcelain veneers is $900-$1500 per tooth. It is important for patients to consider that this cost provides a dramatic cosmetic makeover for the smile and is a long-lasting, durable dental restoration that should last from ten to fifteen years.
- Invisalign®: Invisalign® is a cosmetic orthodontic treatment. Through the use of clear plastic aligners, Dr. Goldin can gradually correct the alignment of the teeth without asking patients to compromise the appearance or function of the teeth. Complete Invisalign® treatment costs an average of $5000, which is comparable to the cost of traditional braces and may be covered, in part, by dental insurance.
Schedule an Appointment
To learn more about the pros and cons of each of these procedures, and get a more accurate cost estimate, schedule an appointment with Dr. Craig and Marcy Goldin. We can help you make a decision regarding the ideal treatment for improving your smile. Remember the health and beauty of your smile is worth investing in.