Which Is Right for Me: Full Mouth Reconstruction vs. Smile Makeover?
The terms full mouth reconstruction and smile makeover refer to comprehensive dental treatment plans. Each involve undergoing two or more procedures to address several dental issues. However, these plans differ in how they improve your smile.
Full mouth reconstruction focuses on restorative dental treatments to rehabilitate oral health. Smile makeovers, on the other hand, only involve cosmetic dental treatments to rejuvenate the appearance of your smile.
The team at Cosmetic Dentistry Institute in Troy, MI offers both full mouth reconstruction and smile makeover. Learn which might be right for you - full mouth reconstruction vs. smile makeover - by reading on.
What’s in a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is intended to enhance your smile and boost your self-confidence. Depending on your smile goals, you can combine any of the following treatments as part of your smile makeover:
- Porcelain veneers: These are ultra-thin shells of porcelain that are placed over the front of a tooth to cover up any flaw.
- Teeth whitening: There are many teeth bleaching solutions on the marketing, but only a professional tooth whitening treatment can brighten a smile by several shades.
- Invisalign: This is a popular way to discreetly align your teeth using a system of clear plastic aligning trays.
- Dental bonding: By applying a tooth-colored composite resin to a tooth, your dentist can conceal virtually any cosmetic imperfection.
What Could My Full Mouth Reconstruction Include?
A full mouth reconstruction is designed to address any oral health problems you may have, including those affecting the teeth, gums or jaw. While the main aim is to get to peak oral health, your full mouth reconstruction will at the same time make your smile more attractive.
Your full mouth reconstruction may include:
- Dental implants: These titanium posts are surgically implanted into the jawbone, and a crown, bridge, or denture is attached.
- Porcelain crowns: These single tooth restorations completely encircle a tooth, giving it strength following treatment for dental decay or trauma.
- Dentures: This full dental arch restoration replaces an entire row of teeth.
- Tooth-colored fillings: Made of a composite material, tooth-colored dental fillings restore a tooth after treatment for mild to moderate decay
- Root canal therapy: A tooth that has endured extensive dental decay that penetrates into the tooth chamber will need a root canal therapy, usually followed by a dental crown, to combat the infection.
Accommodating Your Timeline and Budget
Full mouth reconstruction and smile makeover are intended to be as convenient for the patient as possible. Treatments can be phased in over time based on scheduling and budgeting needs. Additionally, we will review your insurance plan to maximize coverage and minimize what you have to pay for treatment.
Book Your Consultation Today
If you have oral health concerns that need to be addressed, or you ready to beautify your smile, reach out to us today to book your consultation with one of our dentists. You can speak directly to a team member by calling (248) 519-1919. You can also leave us an online message and we will get back to you shortly.